Saturday, December 26, 2009

Recently dyed hair black and want to highlight pink, do I absolutely have to use bleach first?

I dyed my hair black the other day. Along with the hair dye I bought fuscia highlights. Now, I've had my hair this way before but I hadn't done the highlights on my own then. I've highlighted my own hair before but never from black. I'd prefer not to use bleach and the box actually says that the highlights are specifically for ';dark hair';. I just want to double check before I go ahead and attempt to highlight and it comes out with nothing.Recently dyed hair black and want to highlight pink, do I absolutely have to use bleach first?
Sorry but you will have to bleach it.Color doesnt lift color.The highlights you bought that are for dark hair mean-naturally dark not dyed hair.If you only put the black in a few days ago,you can try useing a color stripper (same as a bleach just a little less harsh) that will take off the black to a orange/yellow.If you use a color stripper you have to use dye to cover those spots right after.So this is perfect for you.Now if in a few years or months you want to stop dyeing your hair black and dont want to wait for it to grow do not try to get the black out yourself.The best way I can reccomend to get it out is going to an Aveda school salon and letting them use their bleach.I recently had mine bleached out by a student there useing only aveda products I had over 10 years of black walmart/drugstore box color on my hair this is btw the hardest color to remove.She got it out in 2 sittings and my hair still looks healthy.Good luck!





EDIT:I forgot to mention above-The reason I say to go to an avdea salon is because of the product and the price.One the products are amazing,the bleach is made with alot of natural products (all of their products are) and is less harmful to your hair.The shampoos and conditionrs that they will use are great for bleached hair and colored hair.Leaving is soft and healthy.Two-the price-When you go to a salon that is made of up professionals that are out of school espically if its an upscale place you will have to pay around 200 dollars (possibly more) per visit,if you have to have 2 visits for the process that adds up to more then what I want to pay just to change my hair color.While at an aveda school salon you have a student working on you that is almost out of school and has been okayed to work on the floor (in the salon) with a teachers guidence ( they are trained professonals and hair stylests themselves).So since its a student doing the work your only going to pay around 50 bucks for both visits ( 50 dollars all together).So check out the aveda website so if you deside to change it back you have a plan of action.Again good luck!





Link to aveda-





http://www.aveda.com/index.tmpl?ngextred鈥?/a>Recently dyed hair black and want to highlight pink, do I absolutely have to use bleach first?
Yes you are going to have to bleach it. I had my hair dyed black and bleached out parts of it to dye it blue. That color that is supposed to be ';especially for dark hair'; is a waste of money and does not work at all. I bleached my own hair, but I strongly recommend going to a salon if you can afford it.
i had a similar problem.. my hair wasnt black.. but dark brown and i wanted a few pink highlights....so here's what i did.. i went to sally's beauty supply.. or any beauty supply place and bought a pack of blonde hair extensions.. i got the short kind for about $10.. i also got the hair extension clips and cut the hair in about 1 inch strips and sewed the extensions onto the clips.. the clips have little holes so it is verrry easy to do.... then after i was done with the sewing.. u simpy dye the little extension pieces whatever color you like.. u can make as many or as little as you want and reuse them as many times as you want and dont have to bleach your hair. you can also sew a bigger piece of hair to two or three clips so make a more dramatic appearance. when you apply them just lift your hair, clip the extensions at the root and let your hair down. here is a link of my friend wearing one of the extensions i made.... http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/Hllywdbabe7/camera025-1.jpg


Good Luck and let me know how it turns out if you do it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment