Saturday, December 26, 2009

Is it better to have washed, WET hair when getting highlights....and can I wash my hair afterwards?

I have light auburn/brown hair and want some natural looking highlights.


Should I wash my hair at home and go in with damp/dry hair...


or get it washed in the salon?


It's my bday tomorrow so I want to look good :D


ps: im 19 tomorrow and my hair is wavy/just below the shoulders...any ideas of cost?


Thanks!Is it better to have washed, WET hair when getting highlights....and can I wash my hair afterwards?
They won't do highlights or color on wet or damp hair so if your hair is wet they will have to dry it before they can apply the color! If your hair is basically clean they will apply the color and wash it once the color is done processing!Is it better to have washed, WET hair when getting highlights....and can I wash my hair afterwards?
Wash your hair 24 hours before, its not good to have washed hair directly before dieing it because your hair pores are more open after washing it. And yes, you can wash it after the highlights, the people at the salon will wash it after to get the bleach out anyway. But rinse your hair with cool water.


It will probably cost around $70.
your hair has to be dry for them to do the color. i have always been told to try not to wash my hair for 48 hours after a color/highlight. Don't knwo if it's true- but my hair stylist is AWESOME so I try to do as she tells me and my hair always turns out good! Hope this helps
The dye won't work on wet or damp hair. You should ideally wash your hair about 24 hours before you get highlights as you won't get the best result on freshly washed hair. The hairdresser will wash your hair anyway after he or she was rinsed off the dye as it'll be easier for them to style it after wards.
  • myspace.com quizzes
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment