Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I want to dye hair, that has been highlighted with a peroxide based product, darker.What are the effects?

For about a year now, I've being applying a half head of highlights, using a highlight cap, and Garnier summer hair (a spray that is 23% peroxide, and lightens hair using heat from hairdryers and the sun)


I want to return my hair to it's original colour (about a 6, dirty blond/light brunette)


If I dye it myself, what are the chances that the colour wont ';catch'; or will fade very quickly.


I know I can go to a hairstylist, but I'm hoping to do this myself.


Please let me know if you have experiance in this fieldI want to dye hair, that has been highlighted with a peroxide based product, darker.What are the effects?
I have had to do this before, I purchased a colour darker than my normal colour.


The lightened areas looked darker, but in time they faded.


All in all , it looked natural %26amp; no one knew the difference.I want to dye hair, that has been highlighted with a peroxide based product, darker.What are the effects?
Odd things can happen when you dye over top of bleach-


I had a pal who tried to put dark brown dye over her


bleached-white hair and got green instead.





So just be aware that these things can happen,


if the products you use don't work out you'll end up needing


to pay the salon anyway for them to fix it, unless you like green.
I am a hairstylist and I answered the last time.
I have been a stylist for 14 years.





First off-DEFINITELY do a strand test in the back of your hair with ANY color you choose. The spray that you have used has left a metallic salt on your hair that will react badly with most color lines/types. We are talking smoke and melting hair here.


Semi-permanent may be your only way to go at this point.





Second, if you do find a color type that you can use with out burning your hair-you will probably need to choose a color that is much more gold that your natural color. If you choose an ash based/cool tone color, you hair may absorb the ash tone and leave you green, Grey, or purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment