Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Can I dye my hair using semi-permanent over permanent highlights?

I highlighted my hair about 2 months ago. It is red and blonde on the top. I am wanting a change... but I was wondering if I could use a semi-permanent color. I don't know if it will cover the highlights I have now.. or if it will damage my hair.


I haven't colored my hair that much... and as you can probably tell.. I'm clueless... haha


Thank in advance for your help!Can I dye my hair using semi-permanent over permanent highlights?
First off don't try to cover it yourself. There is no way to know how it will actually turn out. I am a hairstylist and have been for over 8 years. Trust me when I say it will be way more expensive when you have to get it fixed after you put box color on it then if you just go into the salon and have it done. We know what is best for your hair and what will prevent damage. Box color is almost always metallic color which in part means there is some sort of metal in it. It will dry your hair out, professional color is more gentle on your hair. And like I said you don't know what color you will come up with in the end. Hope this helps!Can I dye my hair using semi-permanent over permanent highlights?
i don't know just ask people who dye there hair
  • myspace.com quizzes
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment