Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I have really, really pale skin and black hair naturally.. should I lighten my hair or get highlights?

I have extremely pale skin, like the kind redheads have (but without freckles). I also have black hair naturally. On my good days, I have a Snow White kind of look, and on my bad days I look like a vampire... really. People are always asking me if I'm sick or tired because of my coloring. I don't always look like that but if I'm not feeling my best that's just what happens. :/





I thought that maybe I should try lightening my hair by 1-2 shades to a dark brown, but I don't think it'll make that much of a difference. I'm not trying to look tan or dark, I love being pale, but I just want to avoid looking like a vampire. I have gothic kind of coloring naturally.I have really, really pale skin and black hair naturally.. should I lighten my hair or get highlights?
No, I think dark hair and light skin is the most beautiful thing in the worldI have really, really pale skin and black hair naturally.. should I lighten my hair or get highlights?
I too have extremely pale skin and naturally almost jet black hair. I'm always asked if im sick too! lol I started with a few highlights when i was 15...and now have lightened my hair a few shades to a dark brown with auburn highlights. the problem with my natural color is it has no shine and no depth. so if you want to stay with your color, go to a salon and get a color rinse that will add shine...they should know what you're talking about. that will make your hair stand out a bit more if you'd like. i use light makeup too, when i go too dramatic i end up looking too gothic lol. try light pink blushes, brown or pale black eyeliner/mascara, pink hued lipglosses, and a variety of colors, pastels are usually good options, in shades of purple, pink and green, and light beiges/tan/coppers can look nice too. good luck, im sure through the years you'll find what you like through experimentation. I'm still experimenting! lol
you should have reddish browish streaks in your hair,that way, you could stand out!!!
if you are really really white you might be animic... (anemica in spnish)... but no dont put highlights... color your hair to a soft light brown color.
just roll with it and pretend you're a junkie its a perfect look for a junkie.
I would personally say it would be a good idea to dye your hair a lighter color.
no offence but pale skin and black hair are two bad combinations! what you should do is get a real good tan or buy one of those tanning lotions or sprays the cheapest place you can get them is walmart, or target! then if you want you can lighten your hair!


good luck!


kendra
I would love to have black hair. Don't do anything to the color. Maybe you could add just a touch of blush to your cheeks so you won't look sick.
I would definitely lighten my hair. Also, try to do ';light-colored'; make up such as light lipstck or light eye shadow.
to the sounds of it ur really pretty


and if i were u i would love to have skin the goes good with black hear lol


well to answer ur question


i think u should go for a medium brown so it wont make u look like a vampire


and u woudent be blond blond


but if u do choose to go with a blond do not bleach ur hair


it really hurts ur hair i would do a sandy blond and since ur hair is black go to a salon to get it done








hopefully this helps
DO NOT DIE YOUR HAIR! Natural hair and style is the best that will ever match you. You can tan a little, not too dark. Dont get high lights or die your hair. You will regret it! = )
no you want that!
a nice deep brown would look nice. i think dark browns look good on people with pale skin.
Wear a natural looking blush. Blush can do amazing things to light up your face if you are trying to avoid looking vampy.
now this might just be my fetish for vampires but I have been dying my hair in the winter (when I'm the palest) to black. Its a gorgeous look (if i say so myself) but I also have very soft features and am careful not to overdo it with the make up. just make sure that your make up is soft and it should work out just fine.


although if you were going to lighten it go to a very dark brown kinda like rose mcgowan on the last season of charmed. she looked great with that look. again soft features are the best with pale skin
If you want to dye your hair and think you can pull it off, why not? I would do more than a couple of shades if I were you or get some major highlights in the newly dyed hair maybe a shade lighter than the color you choose. Good luck!
My niece has very fair complexion %26amp; she has naturally blond CURLY hair....like a blond afro....a couple of months ago, her mom let her get it colored. She went dark burgandy ... and straightens it everyday...OMG...she looked GREAT...it should have been kind of goth, but it just suited her really well....with your hair already being black, that might work with yours too.. It would be worth going to a stylist and maybe starting with a temporary color till you find what you like...LUCKS!!
leave it the way it is ! i think black hair is sexiest. gives it a mysterious look. if anything, you can always add a little bronzer to your cheeks to give you a healthy color. or if you decide you want to change it, you should try the temporary colorings which last about a week or so before you really dye your hair. it'll wash out so you have nothing to worry about if you wind up hating it.
I think makeup would be a solution for you, because natural hair color flatters most people.


Try to neutralize redness with a yellow powder or sallowness with a light lavender powder. If you are wearing makeup regularly now, maybe it is the wrong shade for you. Try to warm up your face with pink blushes and glosses with a touch of peach in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment